Why should we build?
- The planned expansion will better serve our students and their families. With additional courts, more practices can be held at the same time and kids can go home at a reasonable hour. Our physical education program will have a much larger, better equipped space for our students. The new commons area will provide a safe, inviting atmosphere that will improve the sense of community among our families and staff. Consolidated offices will make it much more convenient for current and future families to meet with our school leaders.
- Our new addition will better welcome guests to Mayer Lutheran. An obvious entrance, closer parking, secure entry to our campus, and a stunning design will show the community that our campus is eager to serve them – both first-time guests and old friends alike.
- The field house will enable us to host various tournaments that will bring many families and prospective students to our campus. Our records show that seventy percent of eligible students, who visit our campus for the first time, end up enrolling. Not only will we have lots of new families who have never been on our campus, but the events will provide income for the school to help pay for the increased expense of maintaining the new addition.
- The project will strengthen our Mayer Knights community youth program, one of our most successful recruiting initiatives. Mayer Knights’ practices can all be held on our campus instead of at several locations as we do now. Summer camps will have more options and space for kids to play. As mentioned earlier, the Knights will be able to host tournaments for the first time, providing exposure to our community.
- Industrial Arts/Stage Shop. Completed 2015.
- Concessions area. Completed 2016.
- Storage shed, tree removal and Highway 25 access and roundabout construction. Completed 2015.
- Student drop-off lane and infrastructure for future phases.
- New office location, enabling greater security for guests and visitors.
- New MLHS entrance and facade, which will blend nicely with the new approach into the City of Mayer.
- Field House includes three full-court basketball courts with plenty of room for tournaments.
Levels of Giving
This is an exciting time for the future of Mayer Lutheran High School. You can make the expansion of Mayer Lutheran a reality for future generations of Christian leaders. Please consider your partnership at one of the various levels of giving listed below.
Visionary | More than $100,000
Leader | $50,000 – 100,000
Champion | $25,000-49,999
Builder |$10,000 – 24,999
Encourager | $5,000 – 9,999
Partners | $2,500 – 4,999
Advocate | $1,000 – 2,4999
Friend | $500 – 999
Provider | $1 – 499
We are here to discuss any questions you may have or to set up a plan that works for you. Please contact Joel Landskroener at 952-657-2251 x1007.
Contributions are tax deductible. Lutheran High School in Mayer (tax ID# 41-0849152) is recognized by the Internal Revenue Service as a 501(c)3 non-profit corporation.
Clicking the button above will take you to our secure online giving provider in a new browser window.
Click photo to open YouTube animation of the building plans.
Building Photos Gallery
Prepared to Build Kick-Off Letter from former Chair Kim Bones:
In 2010, as I served as the Chair of the Board of Directors for Mayer Lutheran High School, we embarked on a capital campaign called Build For Life. We have now made the decision to wrap up the Build For Life campaign. If you took the opportunity to be a part of this campaign, I want to extend my sincere thanks. Many improvements have taken place over these past five years—the relocation of our storage shed, tree removal, the roundabout for access to Highway 25, and a new Industrial Arts/Stage shop. Five years later, I am thankful to be Chair of the Board once again in 2015!
Have you had the chance to visit the Mayer Lutheran campus this fall? If you have, you noticed lots of changes to our campus, most notably a clear view of our campus from the highway. All those planning projects await the final puzzle piece— construction of a dramatic school entrance, parking, and a field house. This project has been thoughtfully planned by our Building Committee and awaits your help to get underway with this significant addition to our campus.
I am an alumna of the Class of ’84, and a thankful parent of graduates in the Classes of 2000, 2010 and 2016! The Lord has truly blessed our family in this ministry. Today’s world and culture are more than ever in need of strong Christian leaders. Wouldn’t you agree? With boldness and reliance on the blessings of the Lord, we have launched the Prepared to Build campaign to complete Phase Two of our expansion. We have done so, praying for your help to grow the ministry of sharing the Gospel for our Lord and Savior, Jesus Christ.
Please join me in praying for the efforts of the Prepared to Build campaign team. Please consider at what level you will financially support this project. All 3,100+ of our alumni thank you for the opportunity we’ve had to experience Jesus in our everyday learning in high school and beyond. Thank you for your consideration of support for all those future alumni we will serve.
Praise the Lord Always,
Kimberly (Dannenberg) Bones
Mayer Lutheran High School Chair